Although CBD is completely legal, safe & healthy to consume, major advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram & Google ads don’t allow ads to run for CBD products.
This represented a real challenge to grow the brand. Therefore, we had to think outside of the box and come up with a strategy that would ensure the brand would flourish via organic activity.
CBD Asylum’s goals was to become a leading brand in the UK marketplace, boost the brands profile & scale revenue through digital PR, content marketing & affiliate marketing.
- Affiliate marketing: we carried out a full analysis of the CBD industry and created a high-performance affiliate program. This involved competitor analysis and an affiliate discovery process to identify the most relevant and influential publishers across the web & Youtube. We then onboarded these affiliates and co-published content to promote the brand in the best ways possible.
- SEO: through technical SEO, keyword optimisation, content planning and UX improvements, CBD Asylum has seen considerable organic performance improvements and significant increases in keyword rankings. Need proof? Just search “CBD Sweets” on Google 😉
Growth deliverables –
1. Migrated the website CMS from Shopify to Woocommerce
2. Redesigned the website & improved overall UX/UI
3. Carried out keyword research & created a winning content strategy
4. Optimised the website architecture, technical SEO & on-page content
5. Built high quality inbound links to key category pages
6. Focused on digital PR to boost brand awareness & links
7. Built & maintained a high performing affiliate program (this allowed us to onboard key influencers & affiliates to promote their brand in exchange for commission on referred sales).
8. Improved customer retention by introducing a referral program & managing both email marketing & SMS
542% increase in sales revenue
74% increase in website conversion rate
241% increase in organic search traffic
112% increase in customer retention